Sunday, September 13, 2009

Week 3

This week was a great focus for me as I am personally planning our tutoring program. I was able to reflect on who has interest and power in the afterschool tutoring program. This also helped me analysis what I need to do as planner and administator.

I read the comments posted for my grade about making sure this is a group plan. Although I hold a lot of 'power' with the day to day operations, I continually try to get the opinions and suggestions from others. Thus far I have had 2 meetings with my adminstrators and informal meetings with classroom teachers and potential tutors. These meetings have already produced a shift in our program from last year. This is only our 3rd year so there is a lot of room for growth.

My principal has also placed me on the RTI committee to do review work of students. The RTI committee overseas the interventions and the after school tutoring is going to fall more within these areas. I am the only classroom teacher serving on the committee. I will be able to gain their input on tutoring during our Professional Learning Community meetings. These are the same teachers that help with tutoring and special services.

1 comment:

  1. Stefanie,
    It sounds as though you have actively involved others in your planning process...even before you knew you were going to create a plan. Great! Keeping them involved will be key for implementation. It also sounds as though you have positioned yourself such that you have access to a variety of stakeholders...wonderful! You are well on your way! :)

    ReplyDelete