This week has been a challenge as I have been sick and now my son is sick. It has really been hitting our school hard and I brought home the colds. It has made it difficult to work on everything and finish my portfolio. As always, time is a factor. (Really, when is it not?)
Then, staff morale is low at school. We are focusing on our implementation of our reading program (Arkansas Literacy Model). We just found out we have to do these evaluations for all of our students and there is a lot of negative talk in the hallways. I personally am flexible and like some of the methods we are using. I have a positive attitude but the negative attitudes are getting hard to handle. In addition, I have had several teachers gripe about how tutoring is conducted yet no suggestions are ever provided. It is difficult being in a position of authority yet have only the status of a classroom teacher. I hate to say it but my age also plays a factor. But my administrative team is very happy with all the progress I am making in tutoring.
I just think all this rain and cold weather has put a damper on everyone's moods.
Sunday, October 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow, sounds like a rough week. Yes, low morale can really hinder progress and prevent good things from happening. Many times low morale is a result of a lack of decision-making power or abilities (having no voice in decisions, yet expected to implement them). One of the things you can do with your project is to remind participants that this is THEIR strategic plan and they own the process. The more they participate, the more say they have. :)
ReplyDeleteBut alas, yes, TIME is always the biggest barrier with everything. Hang in there and better luck this week.